Deer seems to be an awesome creature, one that is friendly, shy and simply lovely. It is a kind of animal that neither bothers anyone nor likes to be bothered by any other animal. Deer animal has long legs and a beautiful body. They are found everywhere across the globe except Australia and Antarctica. A deer is scientifically categorized into Kingdom Animalia, Phylum Chordata, Class Mammalia and Family Carvidae. A deer is further divided into four sub families as Capriolinae, Cervinae, Hydropotinae and Muntiacinae. The later section of this post discusses other interesting deer facts about deer in detail.
- Let us start the interesting facts about deer with different names of this animal. A male deer is known as buck or a stag, a female deer is known as doe, a baby or young one is known as fawn. On the other hand, group of these animals is known as herd.
- Deer are very good simmers and hoppers.
- They can jump and swim really well and are pretty quick in that.
- Concerning deer habitat, these animals have a kind of stubborn attitude in the sense that they do not leave their home, no matter even if they have to starve.
- They like their place so much that it is very difficult for them to move to any other location.
- Another interesting fact about deer is that, in order to impress their female mate, they usually have a fight with other male in a group during the mating season.
- The mating season lies in between October and January.
- When a female gives birth to little baby fawns, they have white spots on their bodies as you can see in the deer animal pictures.
- These spots vanish when these fawns get older. A baby deer starts walking after half an hour of the birth.
- It is known that only male deer have antlers but there is one species of deer, namely Reindeer, in which female deer also have antlers.
- Talking about antlers, you may not know that the structure of antler in every species is distinct from the other. The antler is the only tissue on this earth that can grow really fast as compared to any other part of the body.
- Every year, these antlers are discarded and new antlers take up their place.
- One of the greatest powers these organisms have is their ability to hear.
- They can hear and sense their attackers in an efficient manner.
- These creatures can easily move their ears in any direction even without moving their head and body.
- Same is the case with eyes, as they are not in the middle but on sides, they can view 310 degree.
- This makes their vision relatively stronger as compared to the visions of other animals.
Types of Deer
There are many deer types, namely, White tailed deer, Moose, Mule deer, Caribou, Indian Muntjac, Sika deer, Sambar and Chital. All these deer have few things in common and many other things show differences. The difference may be due to distinct body style, attitude, color, size and last but not least the region they live. All these things make them lie under one group or another.
Basically the deer are categorized into two groups, viz. Old World and New World Deer. The old world deer covers the sub family Cervinae and the later one forms the sub family Capreolinae. Following is the list of different deer species from both the sub families, Cervinae and Capreolinae:
- Indian Munjtac
- Bornean Yello Munjtac
- Chinese Munjtac
- Leaf Munjtac
- White-lipped Deer
- Thamin Deer
- Calamian Deer
- Fallow Deer
- Yarkand Deer
- Bactrian Deer
- Kashmir Stag
- Tufted Deer
- Chinese Water Deer
- Roe Deer
- Mule Deer
- White-tailed Deer
- Pampas Deer
- Red Brocket
- Merida Brocket
- Brazilian Brown Dwarf Brocket
- Little Red Brocket
- Northern Pudu
- Southern Pudu
- Marsh Deer
- Siberian Roe Deer
There are millions and millions of pictures of these animals that you can very easily find on the internet. Just log on to the net and download as many deer pictures as required without any hassle. You can keep them safe with you for long or place them on your desktop screens as wallpapers.
You can find pictures of all types of deer and in different styles. Just make sure to download from some reliable source and that's it. Happy searching!