Birds Pictures, Types, Facts And Names
The universe of flying animals is so vast and varied with thousands of beautiful birds names and pictures. There are around 10,000 bird species living in the world today, with ostrich being the largest of them. The largest birdalso lays the largest eggs. Like an ostrich, kiwi is also a legless bird. Two of its species were earlier ranked as “endangered” but their rating has been improved to “vulnerable” by the IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature) following an increase in the size of the population.
Here at “Live Animals List” platform, you can explore the world of birds along with stunning facts about each. The vivid, HD quality birds pictures with names will make the study even more interesting. Can you tell the birds names that don’t fly? read more
Birds can be defined as warm-blooded, flying creatures with wings and feathers. Apart from their wings which they flap while in flight, birds have special lightweight skeletons which contribute to their ability to fly. Did you know many of the bones in birds’ body are in fact hollow? They reproduce by laying eggs.
Fast Birds Facts:
- Kiwi is the name of fruit as well as a flightless bird native to New Zealand.
- The migratory birds undertaking long journeysfly in ‘v’ formation which reduces drag and minimizes the use of energy.
- Some species of the birds are very intelligent as they have been observed using tools to complete tasks in the wild!
- The birds like the swift, the grebe and the kingfisher cannot actually walk!
- Did you know the birds walk on their toes, keeping their heels in the air?
- A parrot can fly over 800 kilometers a day while looking for food!
- There are over 350 species of parrots that exist across the planet today.
- The flag of Dominica, a Caribbean island nation, features a parrot (the Sisserou parrot) which is native to the island.