The horse is considered a friendly and peaceful animal that has proved to be the wonderful companion of humans in all ages. They are found in multiple colors & types and all of them look simply outclass. Their absolute shiny skin tempts many riders to have a horse animal ride at least once a year if not so often. As per an estimate, there exist almost 60 million horses in the world. The average age of this animal ranges from 20 to 33 years, though it really depends on the treatment provided by his master. There exist many variant species of horses which are estimated to be more than 300. Siberian horse has distinct appearance and characteristics as compared to the Arabic horse.
When we say there are different horse types, it means there exists a variety of horse breeds, such as Abaco Barb, Akhal-Teke, American Cream Draft, American Paint Horse, American Quarter Horse, American Saddlebred, Appaloosa Horse, Arabian, Belgian, Canadian Horse, Caspian, Curly Horse, Dales Pony, Danish Warmblood, Dartmoor Pony, Exmoor, Fell Pony, Florida Cracker, Gypsy Horses, Haflinger, Highland Pony, Icelandic Horse, Lipizzan, Marwari, Morgan and there are so many other breeds as well.
- Talking about some horse facts, let us start from their sleeping postures. They can sleep in both the positions, i.e. sitting and standing.
- Horses are so powerful that they can start running even when they are just one hour old.
- Though the average life period of horses is 20 to 33 years but there had been a horse in the 19th century who lived for 6o plus years, isn’t this fact amazing?
- Coming to the bones side, horses possess as many as 205 bones, just one bone less than those found in humans.
- Do you know that horses do not possess a gall bladder?
- When it comes to diet side, horses love to eat plants and herbs of different kinds, since they are herbivorous animals.
- As you can see in horse pictures, their beautiful eyes are not only attractive but also the biggest as compared to the eyes of other mammals on earth.
- Because of the big-sized eyes, horses are capable of viewing 360 degrees around them.
- In addition to their visual powers, horses can differentiate between all the colors and do not have the issue of color blindness.
- Continuing with the amazing facts about horses, here comes one more, that horses have different names based on the gender and age such as a male horse is known as stallion, a female horse is known as mare, a young male horse is known as colt, a young female horse is known as filly and the kid horses are known as ponies.
- When we compare horses with other animals, especially elephants, we come to know that the former have a much sharper and better memory than that of elephants.
- Horses have larger teeth and their size is not equal in males and females.
- A male horse has 40 teeth while a female has 36 teeth in total.
- The finger nails & hair of humans, and horse hooves are made with the same stuff, i.e. protein.
- There are some very famous cars that are named after the horses’ names such as Ford’s Mustang, Pinto, Bronco and Dodge's Colt, etc.
- The people of France and other countries just love to have horse meat. They think of it as a charming, delicate and tasty dish. Also in Japan horse meat is very famous. One can find expert cooks there who have achieved excellence in this particular field.
- If the horse meat is served in roughly cooked form, it is known as Cherry Blossom.
Regarding horse habitat, they prefer to live in wide green areas where they can easily access the herbs and plants to eat. Domesticated horses, used for transportation purposes, are found in the habitat created for them by their masters and feel comfortable in such environment as they get used to it. They also like places that are near water. Moreover, they are also found in lower hilly areas.