A chinchilla is a rodent animal that is very famous for its extremely soft fur. You can keep chinchillas as pets at home as well. It can be found in several colors such as grey, white, silver, black and fawn. Their eyes are mostly ruby in color, or they can also be dark.
People are very fond of hunting chinchillas for one main reason and that is their fur. The fur is sold really expensive in the market which is further used in the making of many other items.
- Talking about chinchillas facts, you may find it interesting that they also use their large fur to escape from any attacker.
- They have an ability to plunge a bunch of their furs in the hands of the attacker and this power helps them run away from the hunter.
- The chinchillas can carry a large amount of oxygen in their blood cells that helps them in surviving at higher places like mountains and hills.
- Unlike the nocturnal creatures, chinchillas are pretty active during the day time.
- Chinchillas bathing activity is entirely different from other animals. You may think how it is? A chinchilla takes bath from sand and not with water. Isn't it surprising enough to think about their way of bathing for a minute or more? Yes, it is something very different as compared to the behavior of other rodents.
- Chinchillas live in groups or colonies like ants.
- The group is commonly known as colony.
- The male chinchilla is simply said as male and the female chinchilla is termed as female.
- The baby chinchillas are known as kits.
- One of the main reasons for which people just love to keep chinchillas as pets is that it is almost impossible for parasites to stay in their fur. That's why people prefer to have them as pets in their homes.
- Once you decide to have chinchillas at your home, make sure to arrange a cage with several levsels for them.
- Since, they feel happy and relaxed to live at heights, therefore when you are keeping them home in a cage, make sure you are keeping them in different levels cage. Otherwise, they might not feel easy at your place.
There are mainly two types or species of chinchillas, namely, Chinchilla chinchilla and Chinchilla lanigera. Since, chinchillas are found in variety of colors, therefore further these creatures are divided on the basis of their colors such as Standard Chinchillas, Ebony Chinchillas, Charcoal Chinchillas, Black Velvet Chinchillas, Beige Chinchillas, Sullivan Beige Chinchillas, Tan and Pastel Chinchillas, White Chinchillas, Violet Chinchillas, Sapphire Chinchillas, Goldbar Chinchillas and Blue Diamond Chinchillas.
Concerning chinchilla habitat, they like to live in dry environment. They are mostly found at places that are above three thousand at minimum and fifteen thousand at maximum above from the sea level. Chinchillas love to live at heights and therefore can easily be found over hills and mountains. They make a burrow for them and live in it.
The chinchillas should be fed with proper and persistent diet all the time. They love to eat grass or silage, so that they can keep their teeth sharp and strong with the chewing practice. A diet of straw is also good for their stomach. It helps their digestive system to function in a much proper way as well.
Pet chinchillas are fond of having chinchilla nuggets that you can very easily find at your nearest pet shop. Chinchillas also like to have root vegetables in their diet, such as carrots. Also you can give chinchillas some dried fruits and grains but don't ever feed them with some kind of mixed diet it can be harmful for them.
There are a number of chinchilla pictures that you can find on the internet. You may find funny and appealing photos of every type. You can download them and place them at your systems' desktop to have a look whenever you want. Displaying your favorite pet picture on the system is the best way to familiarize your kids with these creatures in the first go. After that you can easily bring them home.